FM40 BEAUTY | WHAT'S IN MY MAKE UP BAG (Updated)


Make up I can't live without it, as I don't look good au naturel ... 

Here are some current favourites I am using now, together with items that are forever faithfuls. 



M Y  B A S E 

After, I have cleansed and moisturised I will apply a little concealer where needed ..... definitely under my eyes where I have some discolouring, around my nose where I have noticed with age I have some redness and any breakouts which again happen more often as I am getting older. The concealer I swear by is Nars Creamy Concealer .... I use honey which brightens up my under eye area. 

I will then apply some foundation just mainly on my T-Zone and I carefully blend it in. I like a light coverage with a little dewy finish and I find tinted moisturisers work best for me, I have recently been using Charlotte Tilbury light foundation (in Fair 4) ..... I like it, but not as much as Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser (I use medium) or other old favourite Laura Mercier (in sand) so, when this tube finishes I will be returning to either of my old faithfuls. 

SHOP MY BASE FAVOURITES


I T 'S  A L L  A B O U T  T H E  E Y E S 

Next area to concentrate on is my eyes, for my day to day I keep my look simple look by making sure my eyebrows are groomed and subtly defined, eyelashes curled and 1-2 coats of black mascara.

At present I am using Bobbi Brown mascara; however, I am not averse to more affordable mascaras from the chemist - some old favourites are Maybelline or L'Oréal paris. 


I am in the market for a new eyelash curler and whilst researching for this post couldn't believe Shu Uemura are no longer, their eyelash curlers won beauty awards year after year .... I think I will be keeping with a Japanese brand and try the highly rated Shisedeo ones.  

For my eyebrows I am presently trying something new Charlotte Tilbury's brow lift eyebrow pencil. Inspired by the Supermodel Brow of the 90's, this 3-in-1 eyebrow pencil shapes, lifts and adds definition to create the perfect shape. I got the Brooke shade that is slightly lighter than my hair colour, but gives a soft and natural looking brow. I particularly like the brush that blends and gives your eyebrows a groomed look. Another, good natural brow filler is eyeshadow and for years in-between tints I would use Bobbi Brown's eyeshadow in mahogany with a slanted eyebrow shape brush. 

Eyeshadow ..... I don't really use it daily, but I am always on the look out to find a natural daily colour that will enhance my green eyes. Last time, when I was perusing make up counters I spotted Charlotte Tilbury's new eyeshadow pencil in bronzed garnet and this is one may be what I am looking for.

For evenings, I always wear MAC in satin taupe, this eyeshadow I have been wearing for years and is my all time favourite! It is also a favourite of a fellow green/hazel eye person Real Housewives Kyle Richards..... LOVE IT, with a little eyeliner is this my favourite eye look on my self. Another nice shade for green eyes is Bobbi Brown heather. 

SHOP MY EYE PRODUCTS





F O R  A  B I T  O F  C O L O U R

I am a bit of a blush fan it just seems to give my face life and I am a big fan of Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in the summer I will tend to wear a colour that has a bit more pop of colour and in the winter I like powder pink.  

Another product I am keen to try is The Balm Hot Mama Blush  that is a blush and highlighter in one ..... it's affordable, gets rave reviews and again is a favourite of RHOBH Kyle Richards (can you tell I like Real Housewives and Kyle). 

I do love a little bit of bronzer and for years I have used Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Golden Light.

SHOP MY BLUSH AND BRONZER FAVOURITES




L U S H O U S  L I P S

Lipsticks, I am not really a big red lip girl ..... I like a lipstick very similar to my own lip colour (your own perfect nude) and for extra definition say for evening I would line my lips with Charlotte Tilbury's pencil in venus and use a lipgloss (Bobbi Brown's lipgloss in petal) on top.

My favourite lipsticks are Charlotte Tilbury KISSING in bitch perfect and Bobbi Brown sandwashed pink.

Sometimes, if I am wearing say all black and I need a colour that doesn't look washed out I wear Bobbi Brown's Rose which is a colour I wore on my wedding day.

A good little lip balm with some colour for a nice natural day look is Lanolins I think I have tried rhubarb and perfect nude, which are both nice.  

SHOP MY FAVOURITE LIP PRODUCTS 






I do like to try other products and Charlotte Tilbury's jazzy concession in my local John Lewis has tempted me recently, but you know what I always end up back at Bobbi Brown and I think I will always be a Bobbi girl ..... by the way, before anybody asks this is not a sponsored post I am just genuinely a big fan.

Annmarie
xx 

Comments

  1. Is the Bobbi Brown heather more purple tint or grey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, it has a heather lilac tint to it rather than grey .... really ice when you do a smokey eye. x

      Delete
  2. I have green eyes and this looking amazing with them https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/product/943530/By_Terry/stylo-blackstar-copper-crush-4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woodwinked eyeshadow by Mac is the most fabulous bronze colour for green eyes. I also love a subtle lip colour. My go to day colour is 'Snog' Oh my Gloss by Rommel. It goes on too glossy initially but within 10 minutes the high gloss fades and you are left with a really lovely natural sheen. I have never recommended it to anyone that they didn't love it. It's like your natural lip colour only better. Love your blog. Liz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment